Diamond and USA U19 Into Semifinals

4,459 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MarylandMagic
MarylandMagic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our freshman Terp Diamond Miller is two wins away from a gold medal. She hasn't been playing a lot, but I like what I have seen from her in the limited minutes. Kentucky's Rhyne Howard, who was national freshman of the year in college this past season, is one of the players eating up minutes ahead of her. Howard is a very good player and looks like a future WNBA player to me.

Diamond is very fast and bring good energy to the court. She attacked the rim well in the most recent win over Canada. The semifinal opponent is Belgium and if they advance, they will meet the winner of Australia and Spain for the gold medal.

bgardner002
Is miller going to play 2G or 3 next year, or both?
makiratwo
I've been watching and agree with your analysis. Howard is a very good player, but Miller can be a beast for us down the road.
MarylandMagic
Diamond sure looks like she fits our 3 spot that has seen a lineage of players like Marissa Coleman, Alyssa Thomas, Laurin Mincy, Kaila Charles, etc. Based on seeing her in HS, she can shoot the 3. She should be dynamite in transition.

MarylandMagic
USA beat Belgium, 67-59, today. They will meet Australia for the gold medal tomorrow. The US beat Australia, 79-56 in their first game of the tournament.

bgardner002
I'm sorry but who is Howard?
bgardner002
Did Miller score today?
makiratwo
Rhyne Howard will be a sophomore this fall at Kentucky. She was national freshmen of the year this past season. She's arguably the best player on our under 19 team.
MarylandMagic
No points for Diamond today. She only played about 2 minutes.

MarylandMagic
The USA beat Australia, 74-70 in OT to win the gold medal. Credit to the Aussies for adjusting and could've, should've, would've won this game. They were up 3 with :14 seconds left and the ball. One of their players got called for elbowing a USA player, which gave the US two free throws and the ball. It cost them a gold medal, as the US managed to tie and force OT.

No playing time for Diamond today, but I'm very happy for her to begin college with a gold medal. Guessing she will be on campus in a few days- jet-lagged for sure.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.